Why the Staffing and Recruiting Industry?
For those who don’t know, the staffing and recruiting industry is absolutely booming right now. A lot of people often fall into this space rather than actively seek it out. However, once people are here, they find it hard to leave. Here are 7 reasons why!
- Unlimited Earning Potential
- Most staffing agencies offer a competitive base salary with some sort of commission plan. This is used to incentivize people to make as many placements as they can to make the most amount of money. At the end of the day, each person is responsible for how much they make that quarter or year.
- Low Barrier to Entry
- Some people, myself included, believe that in order to make a lot of money one must get some type of advanced degree.While recruiters can benefit from specialized training, it’s not a necessity to be successful. Staffing provides a space where one doesn’t need a high-level degree in order to succeed and make a lot of money. This is a performance based industry, so if you want to have a successful career without getting a higher degree then staffing may be for you.
- Negotiation and Sales Skills
- Negotiation is a crucial life skill, and it is an imperative part of the staffing world. Speaking to a potential candidate involves a lot of negotiation. Things like compensation, working styles, paths of promotion inside an organization are all facets of employment that need to be negotiated. Being in a people-centric business like staffing and recruiting means that every single time we engage a new client or candidate, we have the opportunity to broker a new relationship between parties.
- Meaningful Connections
- The staffing world allows you to talk to so many people from all different walks of life. When you start to build your book of business and grow your relationships with candidates, you build a great rapport with people you may never have spoken with. I often walk around our office and hear our recruiters on the phones with people that sound like their friends. Getting to this level of comfort is such a rewarding and exciting part of the staffing world.
- Learning Candor
- Not every conversation is a sale and not every candidate gets the job they are targeting. Sometimes we even have to let a candidate go. Oftentimes the recruiter is tasked with delivering bad news. This is such an uncomfortable and unfortunate conversation, yet you learn how to empathetically break the news to people. These conversations get easier over time, and our space gives you the tools to have tough conversations.
- When you place someone, it provides a high level of fulfillment. There is a lot of hard work that comes with building a relationship with someone and finding them the perfect role. Once this is achieved, it feels so so good! The awesome part about staffing is that you get new opportunities to do this every single day.
- Professional Space for Social People
- If you are a recent college graduate or feel lost in your career but know you love talking to people and building relationships, then the staffing world is 100% for you. The amazing part about this industry is that you can make money from talking to people. Additionally, building long term relationships with candidates is equally rewarding. At the end of the day, the staffing world is an industry that allows social people to thrive.
If you are a recent college graduate or need a change in your career to join a truly amazing company, then Ternio Solutions Group is for you. We are a niche staffing organization based in San Diego, and we are always looking for recruiters and sales people to join our family. If you are interested in learning more about joining our team, reach out to our Senior Internal Business Partner, Karina Carstens, at email@example.com